1 litre non-fat milk (or full-cream milk)
1 cup milk powder
2-3 tbsp natural (live) yoghurt
- Mix the milk and milk powder.
- Heat milk mixture till it reach 185 degrees C.
- Remove from fire.
- Cool till you get 40 degrees C.
- Stir in the natural yoghurt.
- Pour into glass bottles (do not cover with the caps).
- Put bottles into a thermal bag or oven (with light on). Or in a warm place (abt 40 deg C). Cover all together with a piece of clean towel so that if there is any droplets of water (due to condensation) gathered above the yoghurt or on the cover of the thermal bag , it would not drop into the directly into the yoghurt.
- This process takes 10 to 12 hrs. The liquid milk will turn to concentrated yoghurt (more like soya bean curd).