Beautiful pattern, isn’t it?
Bet you, if you do one with every same igrendient, you will not get the same grains or pattern?
Do you agree? Even if I do another one, it will still be different.
Hmm… it’s the SWIRL!
Made these without fruits cos need to consider that young children of age below 2 will be eating this cake. I am afraid they will get choked.
I used Aunty Yochana’s recipe but taking half of the batter, mixed it with chocolate emulco. The recipe is here.
As we prefer not too sweet, so I only put in 170g of sug. But you should try following the recipe of 185g and judge the sweetness yourself .
Yochana’s original recipe
125 gm. Butter
125 gm. cream cheese
185 castor sugar
3 eggs (size B)
200 gm. Cake flour ) sifted together
1 tsp. baking powder )
150 gm. Mixed fruits – soaked overnight with 2 Tbsp. Rum/brandy/Kirsch
50 gm. Chopped walnuts
5 nos. green Cherries – diced
(1) Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition to prevent curdling.
(3) Mix 2 Tbsp. of the sifted flour with the mixed fruits to prevent the fruits from sinking.
(4) Fold in sifted flour and then add in the mixed fruits, green cherries and walnuts.
(5) Pour mixture into a 7″ square tin and bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.
(6) Remove from oven and leave to cool on the wire rack.
Aunty Yochana at 4:05 pm